Wednesday 18 February 2015

Go the Chop

I've had a love affair with cropped pants ever since, ever since... (I think Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face was the main reason as she walks around Paris in her black cropped pants and duffel coat).  So when I spied the steady stream of cropped, chopped, culotted, pant legs coming on-line since Pre Fall 2015 (from The Row to Badgley Mischka, Oscar de la Renta and Stella McCartney), I've been happy.

Surprisingly as a somewhat vertically challenged person myself, I find cropped pants perfect me.  They give that cool factor, they add a continental nonchalance and an ease of dress that I need.  Whether, fitted, or flared, I'm not fussed.   Add a sky high heel finished in gold, or flats, sneakers or sandals... I'm happy either way.  If you're worried about the silhouette being too shortening for you, just remember to stick to similar colours all the way through your outfit.

And after years of skinny jeans (which I do still love to wear),  a neat cropped pant gives a slightly heightened fashion sense to your wardrobe these days.

Case in point; Black culottes, Strappy velvet sandals with gold heels, Dark Khaki long line tank and bold gold cuff.  Voila!



The Row, Pre Fall 2015

Photo Garance Dore


Photo Garance Dore

Daria for Mango


1- Style.com
2 & 4 -  Garance Dore
3 - WhoWhatWear
4 - Mango

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...