Friday 11 July 2014

In The Schedule

I've been engrossed in the Haute Couture Fall shows this week; with all its finery, feathers and sparkle.  I love it all. Especially the inclusion of surprising flat shoes at Valentino and Chanel!

It'll be a quiet weekend here, what with the cold and rain that is forecast for the next few days, so it's all about staying indoors and keeping dry for me!


Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Fall 2014

+  I love catching up on behind the scenes, and these photos of backstage at Giambattista Valli Couture show provide ample ooh and aaah therapy for me - perfect for a wintery day!  Via Vogue Fr




Armani Prive Haute Couture Fall 2014

+  How much time does go into all these Haute Couture goodies?  Hand painted, flocked, stitched, embroidered, beaded, zippered... whoa, too many to count I think.  Find out here in this Vogue article.




+  Love this...Rainbow tarts inspired by Pantone colours over at food blog Griottes.  Do you eat it, do you admire it - both!  Over at Another Mag here.




+  Do you tutu?  Did you used to dance as a child?  Did you love everything about ballet?  Well this short film goes into the construction of tutus and the different types of tutus for different uses straight from a ballerina, all put together with some beautiful ballet sequences.  Just gorgeous.. via Vogue.




+ Something a little bit pretty/glam to admire for this couture week; the rosy hues of this home in Madrid.. via Nuevo Estilo.





+  Some friends have just left for Bali and I'll be comforting myself with the Summer Escape Issue of Porter and some other magazines while I munch on my dried mango, organic chocolate & raspberry liquorice that I got from the markets at Port Douglas.  I'll also be remembering the delicious taste of those Aperol Spritzers! Yummy...

Enjoy your weekend.


1 comment:

Classiq said...

I mus admit there was nothing really that took my breath away at the couture shows, but I haven't yet caught up with all the collections, including Valentino. My parents took me to ballet lessons when I was a child, but I didn't last long - I think I was too boyish. :) But I do love ballet and I will have a look at that film in a moment. Have a great weekend, Helen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...